Personal information is information that identifies you or information that would allow your identity to be deduced. It does not include business information such as your name, business address and telephone number. Please also note that the restrictions in the federal privacy legislation do not apply to "publicly available" information.
Depending on the products or services being provided we may need to collect such information as:
• Your name, the decedents name and/or family names and/or contact information
• Address, phone number, facsimile number and e-mail address
• Birth date, date of death, place of birth and death and the age of the decedent at the date of death
• Payment information such as credit card information or authorizations to withdraw
We only collect information that is necessary or related to providing you with our products and services.
We will obtain your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
Personal information gathered by us is maintained in our head office in Prescott, Ontario. Such information is used:
• in order to communicate with and/or provide information to you or your family
• to fulfill requests for products and services in order to meet your needs or the needs of the decedent
• to provide customer service
• for billing purposes
• to comply with provincial legislation
Prescott Memorials does not sell, barter, trade or exchange any of your personal information to any third party to enable them to market their products and services.
A cookie is the term for a technology that installs a small amount of information on your computer to permit a web site to recognize future visits form that computer. You can set your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie in order to accept or reject that cookie or to block cookies all together.
Only under the following circumstances will Prescott Memorials disclose your personal information:
• When specifically required by the Cemeteries Act (Revised), R.S.O. 1990, c.C.4, as amended from time-to-time.
• When otherwise required or authorized by law to do so, including and not limited to when required by an order of the court.
• When the products or services that we are providing to you require us to give such information to third parties; your consent will be implied unless we are advised otherwise.
• If the information is already publicly known.
• Where it is necessary to establish or collect amounts owing to us
• Information represented on a physical monument in accordance with your instructions
• When you have otherwise consented to the disclosure
To review or correct your personal information, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your information or our privacy policies or procedures, please write to:Prescott Memorials
Tel: (6I3) 925-2431
Fax: (613) 925-3059
There is no charge for verifying or correcting information. Depending on the circumstances, there may be a charge if you want a copy of your records. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why we have taken such action.